[turba] How are the decode and encode hooks supposed to work?

Andreas Vögele andreas at altroot.de
Wed Jun 21 06:12:09 PDT 2006

I've written decode and encode hooks that convert DER-encoded
certificates to Base64-encoded text.

When an address book item is displayed the Base64-encoded certificates
are shown, i.e. the decode hook is called.

But when I edit an item the binary data is shown in the text fields. Is
this a bug or is Turba supposed to work this way?

I think I'll change the LDAP driver so that certificates are converted
to Base64 on the fly. I had to change the driver anyway since
ldap_get_entries() doesn't handle binary data properly.