[turba] Upgrading from Turba 1.2 to 2.0

Brett Charbeneau brett at wrl.org
Mon Jul 3 11:05:55 PDT 2006

Greetings!

 	Any help or pointers would greatly appreciated!
 	I've been running Horde for 3 years now, but I'm afraid my ignorance of
MySql is causing me some problems in an upgrade.
 	I've scoured this list's archives and gone through the UPGRADING file,
but I'm still scratching my head. If there are instructions somewhere on this
that I've missed I apologize - I really looked!

 	I am trying to upgrade from

Horde: 2.2.3	(runing on RedHat 9.0)
IMP: 3.2.2
Turba: 1.2
PHP Version: 4.2.2

Horde: 3.0.4	(running on Debian 3.1)
IMP: 4.0.2
Turba: 2.0.2

 	and am having some trouble with the 1.2_to_2.0.mysql.sql script that
came with Turba.
 	I went ahead and got Horde, IMP, and Turba running on a fresh Debian
install (from Debian .deb packages) on my new machine having created the initial
databases with the included scripts:

/usr/share/doc/horde3/examples/scripts/sql/create.mysql.sql

By issuing:
 	mysql --user=root --password=PASSWORD < \
 	/usr/share/doc/horde3/examples/scripts/sql/create.mysql.sql

 	and

/usr/share/doc/turba2/examples/scripts/sql/turba_objects.mysql.sql

By issuing:
 	mysql --user=root --password=PASSWORD horde \ <
/usr/share/doc/turba2/examples/scripts/sql/turba_objects.mysql.sql

 	On the old machine, I dumped the present Turba database with this
command:

mysqldump -t horde turba_objects --password=PASSWORD > oldTURB.txt

 	Then, I FTP'd oldTURB.txt to the new machine and restored the
Turba dump like this:

mysql --user=root --password=PASSWORD horde < oldIMP_turba.txt

 	HOWEVER, I get this error:

ERROR 1136 at line 12: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

 	Am I supposed to use the 1.2_to_2.0.mysql.sql script on the *old*
install first? Is there a way to so this without ruining the present Turba 1.2
database? (I need to keep the old one up until the new one is online)
 	I'd be grateful for any hints, tips, or help!

Brett Charbeneau
Network Administrator
Williamsburg Regional Library
7770 Croaker Road