[turba] [Spam?] Re: Upgrading from Turba 1.2 to 2.0

Brett Charbeneau brett at wrl.org
Mon Jul 3 13:26:43 PDT 2006

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Michael Rubinsky wrote:

> Couple different options here:
>
> 1) Use the sql script from your old horde install to create the turba_objects
> table in your new install, then import your old data into the table, then run
> the upgrade script.

	I appreciate you're taking the time to help out, Michael!
	I went this first route, and, for the record, here's what I did.

First I dropped the entire Horde database via phpadmin to have a fresh start.

Copied the old horde mysql create script "mysql_create.sql" found in

	horde-2.2.3/scripts/db/mysql_create.sql

and create turba_object script "mysql_create.sql" found in

	turba-1.2/scripts/drivers/mysql_create.sql

to the new installation machine and used these to create the initial empty horde
and turba database:

	mysql --user=root --password=PASSWORD < \
	horde-2.2.3/scripts/db/mysql_create.sql

	mysql --user=root --password=PASSWORD < \
	turba-1.2/scripts/drivers/mysql_create.sql

For whatever reason, the turba mysql_create.sql script created two turba fields
called "object_members" and "object_type" which are NOT in the original
database. This changes the number of field and will make any insert barf all
over you. SO, I had to delete just this field like so:

	ALTER TABLE `turba_objects` DROP `object_members`
	ALTER TABLE `turba_objects` DROP `object_type`

NOW the turba_objects' number of fields is the same on the old and new installs.

Next, I go to the old install and dump the present Horde database:

	mysqldump -t horde --password=PASSWORD > oldHORDE.txt

Next, I go to the old install and dump the present Turba database:

	mysqldump -t horde turba_objects --password=PASSWORD > oldTURBA.txt

Then I FTP'd those files over to the new install and restored this data:

	mysql --user=root --password=PASSWORD horde < oldHORDE.txt
	mysql --user=root --password=PASSWORD horde < oldTURBA.txt

Next I updated the horde database and turba_objects table with the NEW update
script on the new server:

	mysql --user=root --password=PASSWORD horde <
	/usr/share/doc/horde3/examples/scripts/upgrades/2.2_to_3.0.mysql.sql

	mysql --user=root --password=PASSWORD horde < \
	/usr/share/doc/turba2/examples/scripts/upgrades/1.2_to_2.0.mysql.sql

UNFORTUNATELY, while this routine did not result in any MySql errors, when I
log into IMP and go to the Address Book the only thing I see in "My Addressbook"
are entries for "D" and "S" - which I cannot delete. Below please see
appropriate chunks of my sources.php file:

$cfgSources['localsql'] = array(
    'title' => _("My Addressbook"),
    'type' => 'sql',
     'params' => array(
         'phptype' => 'mysql',
         'hostspec' => 'localhost',
         'username' => 'root',
         'password' => '*****',
         'database' => 'horde',
         'table' => 'turba_objects',
         'charset' => 'iso-8859-1'
     ),

	I assume I'm linking Turba incorrectly to MySQL somehow?

Brett Charbeneau
Network Administrator
Williamsburg Regional Library
7770 Croaker Road