[turba] Organisational Unit showing in browse list

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Mon Mar 19 20:34:07 UTC 2007

> That was my first thought but I couldn't see anything wrong.
> This is what is configured for both sources that are showing this:
>           'objectclass' => array('top',
>                                  'person',
>                                  'organizationalPerson',
>                                  'inetOrgPerson'),

This doesn't affect what you see,  these are the objectclasses for
adding new objects.

> The object class of the ou that is being shown is, in both cases
> organizationalUnit and top. Now, I can see that top is in both, but I

You need to read some basic LDAP documentation.  "top" exists in EVERY
object.

> thought it would only match if all were present as the class.

No,  to control what you match adjust filter;  from the previous
message: "You configured it wrong. Fix your LDAP filter."

All of this is very well documented in the top of the sources.php.dist
file.

> Also, I
> thought it would only show matches within the ou and lower in the tree

Why?  Did you set scope and root?

> Should I remove top?

No.