[turba] name sorting

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Apr 24 05:25:18 UTC 2008

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

> It looks like the only way to alter sort order is through the browse
> screen.  There's no interface to the preference via options.  The
> browse screen only seems to let you choose a single field to sort by
> and a direction, and name is always displayed as "Name", not
> "Lastname" and "Firstname".

It's an open bug/request that you have to have Name in the list; you
would have to add Firstname and Lastname separately.

To choose a secondary sort field, you click the small triangle instead
of the column name. Ideas on how to make this clearer are welcome -
the tooltip is pretty good though.

> If this can be set via $prefs['sortorder']['value'], what happens to
> the secondary field once some starts clicking on column headers to
> change the sort criteria?

Depending on if you click a triangle or a column name, you either add
another secondary field or just sort on the new column - the tooltip
tells you what's going to happen.

This is what my sortorder pref looks like when it's set to name and
then email:

a:2:{i:0;a:2:{s:5:"field";s:8:"lastname";s:9:"ascending";b:1;}i:1;a:2:{s:5:"field";s:5:"email";s:9:"ascending";b:1;}}

-chuck

--
"I have concerns that we are not behaving like a mature, responsible,
collection of interdependent organisms." - Rick O.