[turba] name sorting

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Thu Apr 24 14:15:38 UTC 2008

> It's an open bug/request that you have to have Name in the list; you
> would have to add Firstname and Lastname separately.

Which would leave you displaying Name, Firstname, Lastname?  Kinda clunky.

If the mandatory displaying of the Name field is replaced with
separate Firstname and Lastname fields..
- is the "name format" pref obsolete?
- what do you do when a datasource only has a name field instead of
distinct first and lastname fields?  Show "name", or somehow split
name into separate components (maybe using the logic used to figure
out the components for the "name format" pref)?

> To choose a secondary sort field, you click the small triangle instead
> of the column name. Ideas on how to make this clearer are welcome -
> the tooltip is pretty good though.

I'd never noticed that before.  It would be good if it could somehow
be made more obvious.  I'll see if our UI guy has any suggestions.

Liam