[turba] how to simplify my turba upgrade process

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Sep 1 19:18:49 UTC 2009

  for those who somehow aren't stunningly bored by this saga already,
here's the first part of my clean re-install of turba:

0) set turba to 'inactive' in registry.php (until the minimal
configuration is done, of course).

1) renamed all the "turba_shares*" tables in the horde database to
have a "_save" suffix, just to get them out of the way since i want to
pretend i'm doing this from scratch.  i assume that that renaming is
sufficient to effectively make them invisible to what happens next.

2) renamed the table "turba_objects" to "turba_employees" since it
*is* the actual corporation employees list, and i've decided that i
really don't like the name "turba_objects" as it's too generic so i'm
going to avoid using it entirely.  that will, of course, force me to
manually set up the addressbooks and not let turba do it for me using
that default name, but i can live with that.  in the end, i want no
references to 'turba_objects' anywhere.

3) unload a fresh turba-h3-2.3.1 tarball under horde, change its
owner/group appropriately, copy all *.dist file in turba/config to
their respective *real* names.

4) edit sources.php and comment out that first entry related to
'localsql' and 'turba_objects' since i'll handle that manually.  in
other words, sources.php has *no* valid entries in it for the moment
-- that will be my next step.

  and that's it for now.  obviously, this is where i have to start
doing real work but is the above reasonable for a *starting* point for
what i'm trying to do?  because if i can't even get *that* right, i'm
in trouble.

  more later.

rday