[turba] how to simplify my turba upgrade process

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Sep 1 23:30:36 UTC 2009

Quoting "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>:

>   here's what appears to be the next phase in my upgrade, and i think
> it's finally coming together for me.
>
>   i can see the script scripts/sql/turba.sql, whose purpose it is to
> both create a new addressbook table ("turba_objects"), plus the
> (single, addressbook-independent) shares tables.  so since i already
> have some addressbooks that i want to hook in, i figure my next
> step(s) would be to do the following.
>
>   first, i could run the second half of that script -- the part
> involving only the turba_shares* stuff.  that would only have to be
> run once, and is independent of whether there are any addressbooks
> configured yet.  and i could run that regardless of whether i want to
> use shares later or not.  (i could create the mysql turba_shares stuff
> even without any addressbooks set up, right?

Correct, all the *.sql script does is create the tables.

i might need to
> additionally configure it later but, based on my reading of that
> script, i could certainly do the creation right this instant.)
>
>   also, since i have four addressbooks already, i certainly don't need
> to run the *first* half of that script but i might have to run, for
> each addressbook, just the part for creating the indexes for each
> book, if those don't exist already.

Sure. If you want indexes on your custom tables, you should create them.

>   note that none of the above does anything about adding those books
> into sources.php.  that would come next, yes?

Yes. Before you use Turba, your source must be configured in sources.php.

   all i would have done
> would be to set up the mysql addressbook tables plus the shares
> tables.  does that make sense?

Yes. That script only creates the tables.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)