[turba] What is the status of Turba (contact fields) ?

Michael J. Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Dec 3 18:31:08 UTC 2009

Quoting Rolf Gloor <thunderbird at glr.ch>:

> Hi
>
> My provider is running the horde framework.
>
> Now, I try to use that as my cloud service. Synching with my
> desktop, as well as my smartphone. (As soon as all plug-ins / SyncML
> clients are available.)
>
> One problem is the limited number of contact fields.
> I am missing many fields (like addresses, beside home and business
> also other; many more phone, fax and other numbers / fields.)
> My present AB has over 2'000 contacts. And I do not want to loose
> critical informations.
> Eg. I have used the phone numbers like:
> - business general main or office phone number
> - business 2 as direct dial phone number
> - and so on.
>
> It would be to much work to go through all the over 2'000 contacts
> to edit the content.
>
> I hope the solution is a better support for many more fields on the
> Turba side.

Turba can support pretty much any field that you configure it to
understand...but this *has* to be done by the administrator. If your
provider only allows the limited number of contact fields, then that
is all you get.  In other words, Turba does have "better support for
many more fields", but you must get the server administrator to
configure them.

mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)