[turba] additional contact fields and activesync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Apr 27 16:18:45 UTC 2011

imon Brereton <simon.brereton at dada.net> wrote:

> [...]

I agree with this solution, as it deals with the major reason I didn't include this to begin with; Turba setups with only a single email field with making assumptions about the context of the contact.

I'll add this when I get back.

>> As far as i remember this is close to what Funambol does.
>
>To answer Michael's question to me - yes.  But then my users are not
>particularly corporate by nature.  I imagine corporate installations
>would prefer 1 and 2 reversed (for the email anyway).
>
>However, I agree with Andreas.  I think his suggestion is better (and
>since he has a patch already, probably the time to implementation is
>shorter).
>
>One more thing to consider is that a lot of phone OSs have the concept
>of a default number (equivalent to the "preferred email") - it would be
>nice to support this too.

It would be nice, but the AS protocol does not provide support for this.

--
Mike
Sent from mobile