[turba] birthday field

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue May 31 17:12:07 UTC 2011

Quoting Ulli <ulli_um at arcor.de>:

> I sync my contacts over active sync with an android Smartphone.
> It is weird because if I have synced contacts from horde to my
> Smartphone, the
> birthday will not be shown.
> If I want to add birthdays to the active sync account of the Smartphone the
> field is not available.
>
> Basically the birthday field will be supported because if I do add
> an contact to
> the internal memory I can add a birthday date.

None of the native Android clients I have tested include support for
birthday fileds. When sync'd from server->client, the best that I have
seen happen is the field is added, but displays the raw value being
sent (a standard, UTC value).

Birthday information *is* being sent, if it exists in Turba. Works
fine for me on the clients that I have that support it (iPad, iPhone,
iPod Touch, TouchDown for Exchange on Android).

If this is not working, you will have to provide sync logs.

--mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org