[turba] Value of $conf['client']['addressbook'] in configuration

Andreas Ntaflos daff at pseudoterminal.org
Mon Aug 22 22:05:40 UTC 2011

Hi list,

What exactly is "Name of client addressbook"
($conf[client][addressbook]) supposed to set or be? I have the default
backend address book sources enabled ("localsql", nothing else), a
backends.local.php does not exist. Using Horde 4.0.8 and Turba 3.0.5.

The configuration menu for "Name of client addressbook" gives me the
choice of "None" and "Address book of Andreas Ntaflos", the latter
referring to the full name of user I am logged in with, who has admin
privileges (i.e. me).

Generating this configuration then results in an entry like the
following in turba/config/conf.php:

$conf['client']['addressbook'] = 'XcjsJUsAce1N99g83F_B4RA';

The value "XcjsJUsAce1N99g83F_B4RA" here is the value of the
"share_name" column of "turba_sharesng" database table with
"share_owner" being the user I am currently logged in with (me).

So, why does the global Turba configuration set the value of
$conf['client']['addressbook'] to something so specific as the name of a
share object of one particular user? That doesn't really make sense to
me, what if the user or the share ever get deleted?

Please enlighten me.

Thanks,

Andreas