[turba] Problem with external mysql addressbook

Claude Tompers claude.tompers at restena.lu
Thu Aug 25 07:35:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

We have Horde H4 with Turba 3.0.7 installed.
We have a general addressbook for all our users which is in a different
MySQL Database than the standard Horde Database.

Therefore we created the following entry in backends.local.php :

$cfgSources['restenasql'] = array(
    'disabled' => false,
    'title' => 'RESTENA E-MAIL',
    'type' => 'sql',
    'params' => array(
        'sql' => array(
            'persistent' => false,
            'username' => 'username',
            'password' => 'password',
            'hostspec' => 'mysql.restena.lu',
            'port' => 3306,
            'protocol' => 'tcp',
            'database' => 'restenaweb_db',
            'charset' => 'iso-8859-1',
            'ssl' => false,
            'splitread' => false,
            'phptype' => 'mysqli'
        ),
        'table' => 'EmailDirectory',
        'filter' => 'locked = 0'
    ),
    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'address',
        'name' => array('fields' => array('firstname', 'lastname'),
                      'format' => '%s %s'),
        'firstname' => 'firstname',
        'lastname' => 'lastname',
        'title' => 'titel',
        'email' => 'address',
        'company' => 'institution'
    ),
    'search' => array(
        'name',
        'firstname',
        'lastname',
        'email'
    ),
    'public' => true,
    'readonly' => true,
    'export' => true,
    'browse' => true,

);

When I try to access this addressbook I get the following error :

[turba] QUERY FAILED: INSERT command denied to user 'username'@'webmail'
for table 'horde_cache'.

It tries to insert something in the horde_cache table in the addressbook
database, which is not allowed (only read rights) and does not exist in
this database.
This table exists in the Horde standard DB.

Does Turba try to access the wrong database here ?

thanks for any help,

kind regards,
Claude

--