[turba] No alphabetical categorisation for certain ldap backends

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Fri Mar 30 16:08:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 17:47 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli at giritli.eu>:

> >> The size of the address book.
> >
> > The address book which is working is the parent of the one which is not
> > working in the ldap hierarchy. Thus, size can not possibly be the
> > problem. In other words, I can see all the contacts from the address
> > book which is not working inside the one which is working and there are
> > some more contacts which only belong to the address book which is
> > working. The one which is working is strictly bigger that the one which
> > is not. I hope I didn't make it more complicated than it sounds...
>
> You did. :) I lost you completely. Can you provide some examples instead?

Okay. I have two address books, lets say A and B. They are pointing to
the different root levels in the same ldap server. For example root for
A is "dc=host,dc=example,dc=com" and root for B is
"dc=organisation,dc=host,dc=example,dc=com". The scope of A is "sub". So
basically A strictly contains B: It contains B plus some other records
that are only in the root level of A and not inside B.

So, the size of address book A is bigger than B.

> > Anyway, any other tips? There must be something else which can possibly
> > cause the disappearance of the alphabet bar...
> >
> > By the way, could this log entry be related?
> >
> > WARN: HORDE [turba] PHP ERROR: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to
> > be string, array given [pid 2585 on line 83 of
> > "/var/www/horde4/turba/templates/browse/row.inc"]
>
> No. Though you should check if maybe the bar only disappears because
> the page output stops, due to a fatal PHP error. Is the page source
> correctly closed?

I just checked and the html tag is closed. I also compared the two pages
with the address book that works and the one that doesn't. The complete
div block is missing. (In the source it is named "turbaPager"). It is
not generated at all...