[turba] No alphabetical categorisation for certain ldap backends

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Mar 30 16:38:46 UTC 2012

Zitat von Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli at giritli.eu>:

> On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 17:47 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Zitat von Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli at giritli.eu>:

>> "(All) A B

>> > The address book which is working is the parent of the one which is not
>> > working in the ldap hierarchy. Thus, size can not possibly be the
>> > problem. In other words, I can see all the contacts from the address
>> > book which is not working inside the one which is working and there are
>> > some more contacts which only belong to the address book which is
>> > working. The one which is working is strictly bigger that the one which
>> > is not. I hope I didn't make it more complicated than it sounds...
>>
>> You did. :) I lost you completely. Can you provide some examples instead?
>
> Okay. I have two address books, lets say A and B. They are pointing to
> the different root levels in the same ldap server. For example root for
> A is "dc=host,dc=example,dc=com" and root for B is
> "dc=organisation,dc=host,dc=example,dc=com". The scope of A is "sub". So
> basically A strictly contains B: It contains B plus some other records
> that are only in the root level of A and not inside B.
>
> So, the size of address book A is bigger than B.

And which of those is showing which behavior?

I checked again, and the pager is indeed only hidden if the size of
the address book is smaller than the contacts-per-page preference.
If this doesn't align with the *actual* sizes of your address books,
then the determination of your address book sizes is broken.

>> > Anyway, any other tips? There must be something else which can possibly
>> > cause the disappearance of the alphabet bar...
>> >
>> > By the way, could this log entry be related?
>> >
>> > WARN: HORDE [turba] PHP ERROR: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to
>> > be string, array given [pid 2585 on line 83 of
>> > "/var/www/horde4/turba/templates/browse/row.inc"]
>>
>> No. Though you should check if maybe the bar only disappears because
>> the page output stops, due to a fatal PHP error. Is the page source
>> correctly closed?
>
> I just checked and the html tag is closed. I also compared the two pages
> with the address book that works and the one that doesn't. The complete
> div block is missing. (In the source it is named "turbaPager"). It is
> not generated at all...

>> > --
>>
>> --
>> Jan Schneider