[turba] Extra attributes in vCard

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Feb 20 10:54:46 UTC 2018

Zitat von Luca Bertoncello <lucabert at lucabert.de>:

> Zitat von Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>
> Hello Simon
>
>> This is literally the first search result when searching for "adding
>> fields to turba horde"
>> https://blog.monotok.org/add-custom-fields-horde-5-turba/
>>
>> Other links that might assist you..
>>
>> https://edeca.net/post/2010/01/modifying-fields-in-the-turba-addressbook/
>> https://blog.simonandkate.net/20110721/horde-turba-with-up-to-3-email-addresses
>>
>> All the links focus on adding additional email fields, but you can use
>> the concept to add X-SIP, X-ICQ, X-JABBER, X-SKYPE, etc.   Or as many
>> telephone numbers as you like.
>
> Thank you very much for your answer.
> Well, if I understand correctly, I __MUST__ add every new field
> manually __BEFORE__ I try to add it with my phone, is it correct?
> This is very bad...
>
> Is it not possible to reserve "a place" in the vCard in Turba for
> "other attributes" coming from devices?

Not at the moment. This makes sense in the long term, but probably
won't work as you'd expect either. This would be necessary to allow
client to sync arbitrary fields with Turba, without losing them. But
you still won't be able to edit or otherwise use them in Turba. For
that you still need to know the semantics of this field, i.e. it needs
to be added to the backend and mapped in the synchronizer.

> If it is not possible, I'm thinking about using other DAV-Server and
> try to synchronize the addresses from the DAV-Server to Turba...
> Has someone tried to do that?

That would require Turba to be able to act as a CardDAV client, which
is still on the todo list.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project