[whups] drop some tables

Alex L admin@networkessence.net
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 11:17:14 -0500

> Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

[snip]

> > such entries in their backend storage and it makes it difficult to
> translate
> > whups because we can't use gettext on the descriptions here.
>
> Hmm. I can see that translation is an issue, but the point of Whups is to be
>
> flexible; if you hardcode these, you severely limit the customizability of
> the
> application. We do need a management system for them, of course, but that
> won't
> be hard to do.

That's all true. I also think that translating the content might not be the
best thing. That would almost be like translating subject lines and the body of
emails in IMP. It would be reasonable to allow language preference of the
system like 'Search Tickets', 'Create Ticket', etc; but translating the
content