[whups] Yikes!

Sat Nov 23 22:43:34 2002

Quoting Mike Baptiste <mike@msbnetworks.net>:

> I updated all my PEAR modules using the PEAR Package Manager, so test shows
> everything green again, but my install is still SOL.  I get nothing but a
> blank screen - no error logs anywhere (apache logs, horde logs, etc)  I've

I've never been able to reproduce this situation: no errors anywhere.
I've always been able to find (find, not always fix) the error via one or
more of:

* Horde logging
* PHP logging
* Apache logging
* The contents of the "blank" page (view source)
* Java/Javascript console in the browser

> gone over my config files in imp, turba, and whups with a magnifying glass

How about with the "php -l" command?

> looking for cvs changes I might have missed in my local copies - nothing.

Wish you luck on this!

> I simply can't get anything beyond a blank screen.  Still digging.  Is there
> some type of debug mode where horde will spit out how far it got before
> choking?

Interesting idea to add some, but it would be a slight performance hit for
everyone and only useful by a few...  Still worth considering...

What I do is add my own by adding debugging code to the files I am calling
to see what is actually getting executed.

> This has always been one of the more annoying things with horde is
> when something gets tweaked the wrong way, you get a blank screen and
> nothing else which makes debugging very difficult.

I wish I could help, but I've never had a problem that didn't get logged
or reported somewhere, and I've been using horde for 3 years now...

> My log level is set to
> debug, but all I get there are SQL calls.

What are your php logging settings?  If syslog, what are your syslog
settings for the syslog facility being used?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!