[whups] due date

Robert E. Coyle robertecoyle@hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 19:41:32 2002

From: "Mike Baptiste" <mike@msbnetworks.net>

> Couldn't this be handled by creating a due date attribute using Rob's
> new code?

Yes, but not flexibly enough (eg. the attributes don't appear on the
search results page).  Also, attributes are for flow specific purposes
such as an asset tracking id - a ticket due date is pretty much a
prerequisite for workflow.

> I'd expect at some point this type of field would be tied
> into workflow. Are there plans to include attribute checks in workflow
> routines?

Yes.  State transitions will be able to have conditions on them to enforce
specific business rules.  A simple example is for a return to manufaturer
flow.  The ticket can't progress from the 'Awaiting Return' state to the
'Awaiting Replacement' state until the assignee has filled in the
'RMA Number' attribute.

Rob

--
10: Sin