[whups] Whups tabs per ticket type

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Feb 23 12:03:19 PST 2006

Quoting Auke Bruinsma <air2 at dds.nl>:

> I want some extra tabs, but not for all ticket types, also I would like
> to lets have every tab its own permissions.
> so I want to create a  TicketTab class with the factory pattern. In the
> subdir TicketTab the actual tabs go inside some nice class.
> Than the api.php should be changed so for every tab a permission is
> generated. (That is not a very big change)
> Then in some table for every type is stored if which tabs should be
> shown and in which order.
> This should be managed in the edit type part. (Like the attributes)
> For every tab an int is stored and they ar soreted accourding this int.
> This way its very easy to add some custom tabs.

It seems like a bit of overkill to me to have both enable/disable on
tabs _and_ permissions. Ideally I think just the permissions could be
used to manage which show up and which don't.

I'd like to first see a patch that provides extended permissions for
each of the existing tabs (like we already have assign/update
permissions), and also perhaps cleans up any other permissions
checking that should be done (look at the open tickets on
bugs.horde.org, not sure if there are any currently actually).

Then we can talk about potential implementations for custom tabs. I
think it also might make sense to clean up the handling of custom
attributes (they really need some work) before tackling new custom
functionality for types.

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships