[ansel] Re: Your Horde Apps

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Oct 24 08:35:29 PDT 2003

Quoting Brian Keifer <brian at valinor.net>:

> I think for many folks, sorting by name is going to be pretty important.  How
> about letting the gallery owner manually re-arrange the list?  If the first
> idea above does get implemented, I'd definitely like to see it as a
> preference.

Mmm, manual arrangement sounds kind of ugly. How about if they were just always
sorted by name, with a pref for whether or not to group by owner?

One issue with grouping by owner is that shared galleries do have an owner, but
it wouldn't necessarily be an intuitive place to list them...

> Zip files, anyone?  Maybe handled via the normal upload screen, but once the
> file is uploaded, it would open the 'batch upload' view, with thumbs and
> places to enter descriptions for each.  Expanding on this, maybe a checkbox
> when uploading for "Create new gallery?".  That way, if you upload a zip file
> it can be slurped right into its own new gallery.

Sure - handling zip files is already in docs/TODO. :) But I think it'd also be
worth having a batch form with multiple upload slots.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
Born right the first time.