[ansel] Shared (public) galleries (HEAD)

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Fri May 7 04:21:48 PDT 2004

Quoting eculp at encontacto.net:

> Quoting Joaquim Homrighausen <joho at webbplatsen.se>:
>
>>   * Quoting Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>>
>> Hmm.. the URL of the gallery is:
>>
>> https://www.foo.com/hrd-head/ansel-head/view.php?gallery=joho_test_1
>>
>> When I enter that URL, Horde first requires me to log-in (I'm set-up to
>> use IMP
>> as the authenticating application).
>>
>> I have given guests access..
>>

>> -Joaquim
>>

>>> Give guests read access to Ansel and the gallery in question. The
>>> url is the
>>> same that you use for watching the gallery.
>
> Joaquim,
>
> You are not alone.  I, too, have done the above and use my url
> and get a login screen with a single frame.  I guess the good
> news is that when I use that screen to login, I go directly to
> the gallery from the url and with both frames shown but that
> isn't the solution that I want for guests ;)
>
> Sorry, I don't have an answer.:(  If you find something, please
> share and I'll do the same.  I just finished updating everything
> horde and family, framework install, pear and it is still the
> same.
Joaquim,

One additional note.  In my horde.log file I get the following
that, for me, confirms that I don't have guest permisions set.
I have them set for both the gallery and the application.  I've
logged out and in, closed the browser, tried different browsers,
to be sure that it isn't external to the perms system.

May 07 06:13:30 HORDE [debug] [] User  does not have READ
permission for ansel [on line 643 of
"/usr/local/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php"]

In the above I suppose that the user would be undefined or guest.
Do you see a similar error?

Thanks,

ed