[ansel] ansel cli

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed May 19 19:29:27 PDT 2004

Quoting "Heath S. Hendrickson" <heath at outerspaceconsultants.com>:

> The one thing that I think would be nice to see would be a way to handle
> backups via a CLI.

That'd be nice - maybe generate a tarball of a gallery plus an XML or
other file
of the image data.

> I'd think that this would be best done outside of
> the Ansel classes and directly via MySQL and other programs but using
> the Ansel classes to determine the necessary tables and VFS paths.

Definitely not, for portability reasons.

> For me at least, the CLI would be much more useful as an administration
> interface than a user interface.

Definitely as that, too, but for people who run their own servers and
galleries,
being able to modify galleries - especially adding images - from the command
line could be very valuable.

> That being said, one user-focused thing that I can think of would be the
> ability to create a gallery and populate it with images from a directory
> on the filesystem.

This is already there.

-chuck