[ansel] Re: ansel cli

Vijay Mahrra webmaster at stain.net
Thu May 20 06:23:30 PDT 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting "Heath S. Hendrickson" <heath at outerspaceconsultants.com>:
>
>> The one thing that I think would be nice to see would be a way to handle
>> backups via a CLI.
>> I'd think that this would be best done outside of
>> the Ansel classes and directly via MySQL and other programs but using
>> the Ansel classes to determine the necessary tables and VFS paths.

i don't see anything in the framework or modules that presently do a vfs ->
vfs copy functionality.  this could be very useful for backups, e.g.
extracting from a vfs sql to a physical path on a filesystem.

> being able to modify galleries - especially adding images - from the
> command
> line could be very valuable.

this is my main focus at the moment as i'd been looking for a while to find a
way of quickly and easily publishing photos on my pc to my website.  the xp
publish works great for me, but i find it's neither flexible nor portable
enough to use for my needs.

running horde/ansel on my home pc from a windows command prompt with the same
vfs settings as my horde website gives me more options - not very simple for
the average user to do, but it works :)

so in addition to the cli backend, i am thinking of doing a wsdl/soap/rpc
interface to access ansel remotely and perform the same tasks.  it could then
be possible to call the ansel soap server with any soap client/application or
a php script as long as PEAR_SOAP or some other soap library is installed for php.

vijay