[ansel] unable to make gallery public

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Dec 18 15:44:47 UTC 2011

Sounds like the Ansel application itself doesn't have guest permissions. Check the administrative interface.

Peter Fokkinga <peter at fokkinga.nl> wrote:

Greetings!

I am currently upgrading my family's aging (but rock solid) Horde3
webmail with Horde 4. And look at all the new goodies, wow!
Especially Ansel, it would be a great way for us to share photos.

Unfortunately, I just can't seem to make a gallery public, meaning
that even anonymous users can access it and view the photos.

I did find the "Set permissions" form for a gallery, and set
"show" and "read" permissions for "guest permissions", but when I
test in a different browser that is not logged in, the URL
/ansel/view.php?gallery=4&view=Gallery redirects to the Horde
login screen instead of showing the gallery.

$conf[share][world] in the Horde is checked. The gallery does not
have a password set (btw, may I suggest using a normal textfield
instead of the password type it is now? more userfriendly and
firefox will not try to insert my Horde password when creating
a new gallery).

I can access the wiki through /wicked/ without being logged in, so I
suppose the general Horde configuration is ok for public access.

It's probably something very obvious, but I don't see what I am
missing. I'm running Horde 4.0.13 and Ansel 2.0.0 (installed from pear).

Any suggestions on what to check or try?

Regards, Peter