[turba] Adding additional fields to Turba on Kolab 2.3.4

Greg Conway gconway at gmlnt.com
Tue Feb 7 20:21:22 UTC 2012

Hi all,

This is my first post to the Turba list, so for starters. hello everybody! J

I have 2 x Kolab installations running on the whole very satisfactorily. On
both I am running Horde 3 (as included with the community edition of Kolab)
and I am using z-push to sync with mostly Apple iPhones/iPads running IOS5.

I have some issues with address book syncing, and after studying the z-push
logs, decided Horde was missing some fields that the iPhone users are using.

So I've worked out what fields to add, and how to add them - seemingly by
modifying attributes.php and sources.php.

I've put together my full list of modifications, and I've added them to my
first Kolab server - which is v2.2.4. Initially it didn't work, until I
worked out that inside sources I also need to add my new fields to the
"tabs" array. Following that, the additional fields appeared inside Turba.

However. I made *exactly* the same mods to my Kolab 2.3.4 server, but Turba
has not recognised the change.

My (rather long winded question) is this. what am I missing?! Is there
something extra I need to do to make this work (since Kolab 2.2.4)?

If it helps, I've included exactly the mods I am making (in my own
shorthand, if it makes no sense!), but like I say - these worked fine on my
2.2.4 server.

Many thanks for any help received!

Regards,

Greg Conway.

add to sources.php -

AFTER> 'cellPhone'         => 'mobile',

                    'pager'                              => 'pager',

AFTER> 'homeCountry'       => 'addr-home-country',

            'otherStreet'        => 'addr-other-street',

            'otherCity'          => 'addr-other-locality',

            'otherProvince'      => 'addr-other-region',

            'otherPostalCode'    => 'addr-other-postal-code',

            'otherCountry'       => 'addr-other-country',

AFTER> 'homeCountry',

            'otherStreet',

            'otherCity',

            'otherProvince',

            'otherPostalCode',

            'otherCountry',

AFTER> 'cellPhone',

            'pager',

Rewrite -

                    'workCountry'),

                    'workCountry', 'otherStreet', 'otherCity',
'otherProvince', 'otherPostalCode', 'otherCountry'),

Rewrite -

                    'cellPhone', 'fax', 'instantMessenger'),

                    'cellPhone', 'pager', 'fax', 'instantMessenger'),