[turba] Multiple E-mail Addresses

Ian Turner vectro at vectro.org
Sun Mar 12 23:40:26 UTC 2017

Hi Michael, thanks for the quick reply.

On 03/12/2017 06:47 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
> This answer depends on how you want them configured.
Based on the seeming popularity of this question, is it worth setting up
a reasonable default to allow multiple addresses per contact?
> If you want a single field capable of handling multiple addresses, you
> need to add the 'emails' attribute to the localsql configuration, and
> add the object_emails (or whatever you want to call it) row to the
> turba_objects table.
If I go this path, what is the correct type to use for the new column?
Just varchar?
> Be warned, however, that this type of field will cause problems with
> protocols like ActiveSync.
Are you sure? This patch
<https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/3530a41e84bcd7616c5f52e14b1b8250a7c97184#diff-8c4998c505940c73677670c7bdb01b6a>
seems specifically oriented to make the emails field work with ActiveSync.

Regards,

Ian Turner