[turba] Each of my address items exists twice

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Fri Feb 9 18:03:30 UTC 2018

On 02/09/2018 12:22 PM, Ferdinand Gruber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the database table turba_objects I can see, that each
> addressbook-record exists twice with different object_uid.
> One object_id is longer and has the a date at the beginning and the
> hostname of my horde server at the end.
>
> For example the entries look like this
>
>     20171119124901.L87sUUwJSnYyh2asa0stzVZ at t1234.greatnet.de
>     cfce6ed1-48b4-42a7-86b5-629b434adec7
>
> I suppose this to be the result of some sync operations.
> I use to synchronize the horde addressbook with Thunderbird (ActiveSync)
> and also with my smartphone using a calDAV/cardDAV app.
>
> Can I savely delete one of each double entries? What entry should be
> deleted, the first or the second?
>
> Thank you for answer.

Not a concrete answer, but to test just make a backup of both records in
turba_objects and delete them one at a time to see what happens.

Our database has mostly the long form for object_uid with only 12 of
185759 records having a real short form such as 0bdfb0ab85

So my guess is you want to keep the long ones but there might be some
reason for the shorter ones that I am not aware of.